The center of the hamlet of Hillsdale will be alive with activity on October 13, celebrating the first annual Hillsdale Pumpkin Festival. Presented by the newly-formed Hillsdale Business Alliance, this will be a free celebration. Local businesses will have special prizes and promotions while in the plaza there will be live music, goodies and fun for all.
Here are a few highlights:
- CrossRoads Foodshop will offer special pumpkin-inspired dishes throughout the day.
- Passiflora will be serving Caramel Apple Spice ice cream and Pumpkin Ice Cream, and there will be face painting on their porch.
- The Hillsdale General Store will raffle off an entire table top, including hand-made linens, vintage china, glassware and more in their special exhibition called “The Country Table”. Wine will be served from 5:30 to 7:30. All proceeds will go to help fund the new Town Hall Public Garden.
- Mount Washington House will have a Giant Pumpkin weight guessing contest to benefit the Roe Jan Food Pantry! Chris Fenn will play on the front patio and hot cider will be provided.
- Cathy Grier, aka the NYC Subway Girl will be performing her groovy folked-up blues on the porch of the Hillsdale General Store
- Frank Camacho of Countryside Car Service will provide a table for cookie decorating, free for kids of all ages.
- Many store activities will be held throughout the day, but most of the fun will occur between 5:30 and 7:30pm.
Come one, come all, and celebrate autumn at the first annual