The Hillsdale Fire Company
The Hillsdale Volunteer Fire Company protects and serves its community of 5,000 residents in a 43-square mile area. The Company is dispatched by the County 911 System and is connected to the police radio network. It responds on-demand to emergencies 24/7 and backs up fire companies as needed in neighboring Egremont, Copake, Austerlitz and others.
President, Joe Hanselman, Jr.
Vice President, Josh Stalker
Secretary, Deb Grau
Treasurer, Jim Brennan
Chief, Richard Briggs
1st Asst. Chief, Fred Miller
2nd Asst. Chief, Robert Burns
1st Captain, Clif Conklin
2nd Captain, Joe Ham
1st Lieutenant, Robert Briggs, Jr.
2nd Lieutenant, Teddy Baird
Captain, Robert Briggs, Sr.
Lieutenant, Robert Briggs, Jr.
Chairman, Fred Canetto
Secretary, James Brennan
Treasurer, Joanne Pilkington
LOSAP Data Entry, Joe Hanselman, Jr.
Ladies Auxiliary Officers
President, Colleen Miller
Vice President, Cara Kernan
Secretary, Emily Stalker
Treasurer, Deb Grau
To be on call 24/7, to respond to all emergencies, and to assist as requested with
neighboring Fire Departments
- The Department is dispatched by the County 911 System. The Department is also hooked into the police radio network and can respond to emergencies in their area.
- There is “OSHA” Training and other life-safety drills throughout the year. The training is extensive and certification is awarded to those that meet all requirements.
- The Firehouse is solely owned by the Fire Company.
- The Fire Company’s major fundraising events include the Palm Sunday Brunch, the Annual Ball, and the Boot Drive.
- Fire equipment and apparatus is owned by the Fire District.
- In 2011 the Hillsdale Fire Co. donated all proceeds from the October Boot Drive to the Prattsville Hose Co. who had lost just about everything in the flood following Hurricane Irene.
- Herrington Hall and our outside Pavilion are available for rent. Contact the Fire House for more information.