Old Route 22 Dog Run
Dogs are welcome in the Roe Jan Park – please keep them on leash and always clean up after your dog. The park is also home to Columbia County’s only community-run dog run, located on a section of old Route 22. Look for trail signs at the southern edge of the parking lot (near the entrance).
A few details about the dog run:
- Location: It is located south of the park entrance, parallel to Route 22…almost across from the new library.
- Parking: All visitors to the park and the dog run must use the main parking lot at the park entrance area.
- Water: Bring your own water.
- Small Friends Area: We have constructed a separate area at the front of the run for small dogs and puppies. Dogs over 25 pounds are not permitted to use the area.
- Poop Policy: Two poop stations are provided in the dog run and one in the main parking lot. It is essential that visitors pick up after their dogs and deposit waste in the receptacles. Poop trash bags will be provided while they last…it is always good to have a back up.
- Shade: There is lots of wonderful shade and we have provided a few sitting areas.
- Leashes: Dogs must be on the leash outside the dog run at all times.
- Gates: There are double gates to get into the dog run…be sure to always to close the gates behind you.