The RJP operates under an agreement between the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation (OPRHP), who owns the land, and the Town of Hillsdale, whose responsibility is to manage and guide its use for our extended Roeliff Jansen community.
Because RJP is not a traditional state park, it does not have state funds for staffing. Volunteers help manage, maintain and run the park day-to-day. Everyone using the park will also play an important role in keeping it clean and enjoyable.
Please follow these simple rules so all may enjoy the park:
- This park is open daily from sunrise to sunset.
- No swimming pursuant to state law.
- No motorized vehicles allowed.
- No camping or camp fires due to fire risk.
- The park has a “carry in, carry out” policy.
- No horseback riding.
- Bike riding only on farm road. Please stay on the hard packed north/south farm road.
- No loud music (headphones only).
- Please leash your dog and pick up after them (stepping in dog poop is no fun).
- No smoking beyond the parking area.
- No alcohol allowed.
This park is a gift to us all. Let’s keep it a beautiful place for our community.
Please note: In some cases, any of the above rules may be altered for special events and educational programs.