Hillsdale Comprehensive Plan
In 2006, the Town Board initiated a process that created new committees to build upon the vision for the Town as presented in the Comprehensive Plan. Their mission:
- Help identify the goals set forth in the Town of Hillsdale’s Comprehensive Plan that have not yet been implemented.
- Prioritize these goals based on the Town’s immediate needs and financing availability and review with the Planning Board and Town Board.
- Develop, with assistance from the CPRC subcommittees, sound strategies and recommendations to implement these goals and submit to the Planning Board and the Town Board.
- Coordinate the efforts and foster cooperation and idea sharing among all CPRC’s subcommittees.
- Keep the public informed through coordinated meetings, newsletters, and press releases so that the citizens of Hillsdale are part of the process.
To download a copy of the Comprehensive Plan, see below.
I. Introduction [download PDF – 183 KB]
II. Finding Your Way Through the Hillsdale Zoning Law [download PDF – 129 KB]
III. Zoning and Land Use Control Law
Part 1 – [download pdf – 555 KB]
Part 2 – [download pdf – 369 KB]
IV. Building Form Guidelines [link to forms]
V. Rural Siting Guidelines [download pdf]
VI. Land Subdivision Law [download PDF – 1.231 KB]
VII. 2010 Fees and Deposits [download PDF – 0.76 KB]
Map 01 – Zoning Districts [download PDF – 2,028 KB]
Map 02 – Wetlands [download PDF – 1,274 KB]
Map 03 – Flood Hazards [download PDF – 1,045 KB]
Map 04 – Agricultural Districts [download PDF – 1,150 KB]
Map 05 – Ridgeline and Steep Slope Overlay [download PDF – 2,646 KB]