To preserve the unique character, culture and economic vitality of our community by ensuring that it welcomes and supports a diverse population, representative of every income level. Toward that goal, the Hillsdale Housing Committee is committed to preserving and increasing opportunities for low and middle-income individuals, couples and families to make Hillsdale their permanent home.
Our Programs and Activities
- Conduct research to measure the need for below market rate housing and recommend strategies to achieve a greater range of housing choices;
- Raise awareness among, and enlist the support of, key community interest groups about the need for a variety of housing options, including below market rate housing. Those groups include:
- Hillsdale residents, homeowners and renters, permanent residents and weekenders
- Elected officials
- Real estate professionals and organizations
- Church leaders
- Social service organizations
- Explore successful examples of affordable housing activities in surrounding communities.
- Recommend changes to the current zoning ordinances and other local or State rules, if necessary, to facilitate the preservation of existing, and the creation of additional, lower cost housing for local residents, including seniors and working families, within the Town.