RJP Community Garden
The garden includes a composting area, a storage shed, and a harvested rain water system for watering plants. We also have a demonstration herb garden and a new blueberry patch to show what easy low maintenance and attractive plants they are.
- I understand that the RJP Community Garden is providing me with 4’ x 21’ plot(s) for the 2011 growing season. I will have it planted by mid-June or forfeit my right to the plot.
- I will maintain my plot(s) including adjacent paths throughout the growing season, keeping weeds and litter in check.
- I will not use chemical fertilizers, insecticides or herbicides.
- I will not bring pets into the garden.
- I will clean up the plot at the end of the growing season(removing all dead plants and weeds) and have it ready for fall tilling by Oct.10th.
- I agree to help maintain the RJP community garden and will volunteer my time in exchange for my plot.(i.e. weeding children’s and demonstration garden, fall and spring clean up, helping maintain compost piles approx. 10 hrs over 5 month season)\
- I agree to be respectful of my fellow gardeners by not planting tall plants that will shade another plot and by not picking other’s crops without permission.
- I will give RJP a list of plants in my bed (for rotational purposes next year).
- I understand that neither the Roeliff Jansen Park, Town of Hillsdale nor New York State OPRHP are responsible for my actions. I THEREFORE AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THESE AGENTS FOR ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGE, LOSS OR CLAIM THAT OCCURS IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE GARDEN BY ME OR ANY OF MY GUESTS.