Looking forward to Summer 2021!
The popular program always takes advantage of its unique location in the beautiful Roecliff Jansen Park with trails, fields, wetlands, two large open barns, and a working community garden. Focused on nature and the great outdoors, an application is posted below.
Camp Guidelines from the Columbia County Department of Health:
Responsible Parties should encourage that children/campers age 2 and older who are not fully vaccinated wear face coverings except when eating, drinking, showering, swimming, or sleeping/resting. Young children/campers (i.e., those that are not yet in kindergarten) do not need to wear face coverings when they are in child care or day camp program facility or area. Older children/campers are encouraged but not required to wear face coverings as feasible. In addition, the outdoor space that belongs to and/or is exclusively used by the child care or day camp program is not considered a public place for the purposes of this guidance. Children/campers are not required to wear a face covering when utilizing the outdoor space that belongs to and/or is exclusively used by the child care or day camp program. Child care programs and day camps that have access to a pool must adhere to State and DOH guidelines regarding swimming pools. Children/campers may also remove face coverings outdoors when they are unable to tolerate a face covering for the physical activity. Face coverings must be worn by individuals who are not fully vaccinated during transportation.
Quick Facts for 2021
- This program is open to students ages 5 (having had a year of Kindergarten) to 13.
- 5-year olds must have had a year of kindergarten, and participants must be no older than 13 on 07/01/21
- 13-year olds are allowed if they have been a previous camper in this program and the director has approved.
- The 2021 program will start on Monday, July 12, and run until Friday, August 20.
- August 20, the last day of the program, will be a half-day. Campers will need to be picked up at noon.
- All registrations should be turned in with updated immunization records.
Check out these pics from the program. Click to enlarge.