After meeting with parents and reviewing the current requirements for summer programs, we made the tough decision to CANCEL the 2020 summer youth program in the Roe Jan Park. The decision was not made lightly. We have been holding out hope that we could plan a fun-filled program and meet all the Health Department’s guidelines. It’s just not possible - and we won't put our campers and counselors at risk. Thanks to Joe Raco, our program director, who really tried to make it work.
Looking forward to Summer 2021!
The popular program always takes advantage of its unique location in the beautiful Roeliff Jansen Park with trails, fields, wetlands, two large open barns, and a working community garden. Focused on nature and the great outdoors, applications will be posted on the page below if it can be scheduled.
Quick Facts from 2019 – to be updated for 2021:
- This program is open to students ages 5 (having had a year of Kindergarten) to 13.
- 5-year olds must have had a year of kindergarten, and participants must be no older than 13 on 07/08/29
- 13-year olds are allowed if they have been a previous camper in this program and the director has approved.
- The 2019 program will start on Monday, July 8, and run until Friday, August 16.
- August 16, the last day of the program, will be a half-day. Campers will need to be picked up at noon.
- 2019 includes swimming and pool access on Fridays of each week.
- All registrations should be turned in with updated immunization records.
Check out these pics from the program. Click to enlarge.