Building Inspector & Code Enforcement Officer
Lee A. Heim
Office: (518) 325‐5073 ext. 7
Fax: (518) 325‐6917
Tuesday, 8 – 11 am
Thursday, 11 am ‐ 2:30 pm
Field Inspections: by appointment
The Building Department is charged with enforcement of the New York State Building Codes and the local laws. The Inspector also enforces various property maintenance laws to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all residents of the Town of Hillsdale.
Click here to access Columbia County’s Online Planning Guide with access to checklists, forms, and other resources.
Hillsdale's Natural Resources Inventory (NRI)
Our NRI compiles information about and describes the important, naturally occurring resources of the area. The Hillsdale NRI includes descriptions of the Town’s topography, bedrock and surficial geology, soils, water resources (streams, lakes, ponds, groundwater), biological resources (plants, animals, and habitats such as forest, meadow, and swamp), scenic areas, and outdoor places for public recreation.
- Residential: $4/$1000 cost of construction $25 minimum
- Commercial: $5/$1000 cost of construction $25 minimum
- Fence permit: $10
- Building Permit Renewal: 50% of original permit fee $25 minimum
Any work performed before obtaining a building permit will be charged double the permit fee when it is issued.
Demolition Permit per Building
- Accessory structure: $25
- Residential structure: $50
- Commercial structure: $100
Certificate of Occupancy/Compliance
- Residential: $25
- Certificate of Occupancy not associated with a building permit: $150
- $0 – $100,000: $50
- $100,001 – $150,000: $100
- over $150,000: $150
Certificate of Visual Inspection
- 1 – 2 family dwelling: $75
- all others: $150
Certificate of Compliance
- Order to Remedy Violation: $75